About MySQL Cluster storage limit

Thanh Hong Dai
According to
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-ndb-innodb-engines.html
, the storage limit of MySQL Cluster is 3TB. I also see that 48 * 64GB is
exactly 3TB.

I know from
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-limitations-limits.htm
l that the maximum number of data nodes in a cluster is limited to 48.

However, it's not clear whether 3TB is the upper limit of the amount of RAM
that NDB/MySQL Cluster can manager, or whether the storage limit of a MySQL
cluster can be increased by adding more RAM to the data nodes. i.e. can we
increase the storage limit of a MySQL cluster to 6TB by giving each node
128GB RAM?

Re: About MySQL Cluster storage limit

Dan Smythe
Have you tried turning it off and back on?

Cheers ~
/Dan
On Sep 7, 2015 9:47 PM, "Thanh Hong Dai" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> According to
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-ndb-innodb-engines.html
> , the storage limit of MySQL Cluster is 3TB. I also see that 48 * 64GB is
> exactly 3TB.
>

> I know from
>
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-limitations-limits.htm
> l that the maximum number of data nodes in a cluster is limited to 48.
>

> However, it's not clear whether 3TB is the upper limit of the amount of RAM
> that NDB/MySQL Cluster can manager, or whether the storage limit of a MySQL
> cluster can be increased by adding more RAM to the data nodes. i.e. can we
> increase the storage limit of a MySQL cluster to 6TB by giving each node
> 128GB RAM?

RE: About MySQL Cluster storage limit

Thanh Hong Dai
Your suggestion doesn’t quite make sense to me.

I’m asking about the capability of MySQL Cluster w/ NDB in general. I don’t have the hardware for testing readily available.