Quantcast

Binlog sizing

Alex
Hello,

I am using NDB 7.1.22 and binlog format is mixed.

So I wonder how to calculate the binlog writing speed (Mbytes/s) at a specific traffic.

Now I have two formula as below,
1) writing speed = row-data-size * throughput * ratio
     ratio may be 1.2, 1.3, or 1.5
2) writing speed = (row-data-size + binlog-overhead) * throughput

which one is better?
do you know how to calculate RATIO or binlog-overhead?

Thanks

Alex

Alex

Re: Binlog sizing

Magnus Blåudd
Hi Alex,

you can use the mysqlbinlog tool to print the binlog in various formats
in order to see what overhead is incurred.

Seems like we have a suitable example in our manual at
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysqlbinlog-row-events.html
shows how to print using --base64-output=DECODE-ROWS and --verbose

/ Magnus