Error Occured on Creating Logfile

albert iglesias
Dear MySQL team,

May I reach for assistance regarding with our setup of MySQL Cluster. I
wish to create a disk based table, as the research says I need to create
first a Logfile Group but I face this error over and over again:

*mysql> CREATE LOGFILE GROUP LG1 ADD UNDOFILE 'undo1.log' INITIAL_SIZE =
157286400 UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE = 171966464 ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;ERROR 1528 :
Failed to create LOGFILE GROUPmysql> show
warnings;+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
Level   | Code |
Message
|+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
Warning | 1296 | Got error 707 'No more table metadata records (increase
MaxNoOfTables)' from NDB || Error   | 1528 | Failed to create LOGFILE
GROUP
|+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+2
rows in set*

even though I have setup the MaxNoOfTables to 20320.

I hope you can assist me with this since I cannot see any solution in my
research.

Thank you and Best Regards!

Re: Error Occured on Creating Logfile

Magnus Blåudd
Hi,

did you restart the ndb_mgmd with --reload and then restarted all ndbd(s)?

You can do "select * from ndbinfo.pools" and look at the values for
DictObject to see how many you have configured and how many are used etc.

/ Magnus

On 2015-10-02 09:02, albert iglesias wrote:

> Dear MySQL team,
>
> May I reach for assistance regarding with our setup of MySQL Cluster. I
> wish to create a disk based table, as the research says I need to create
> first a Logfile Group but I face this error over and over again:
>

> *mysql> CREATE LOGFILE GROUP LG1 ADD UNDOFILE 'undo1.log' INITIAL_SIZE =
> 157286400 UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE = 171966464 ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;ERROR 1528 :
> Failed to create LOGFILE GROUPmysql> show
> warnings;+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
> Level   | Code |
> Message
> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
> Warning | 1296 | Got error 707 'No more table metadata records (increase
> MaxNoOfTables)' from NDB || Error   | 1528 | Failed to create LOGFILE
> GROUP
> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+2
> rows in set*
>
> even though I have setup the MaxNoOfTables to 20320.
>

> I hope you can assist me with this since I cannot see any solution in my
> research.
>
> Thank you and Best Regards!

Re: Error Occured on Creating Logfile

albert iglesias
Hi Sir Magnus,

Yes, I have already reload the configuration, also I have done rolling
restart with my nodes.

Please note that these are the OS of my Nodes:
Management Node: Ubuntu 14.04
SQL Node 1: Ubuntu 14.04
SQL Node 2: Ubuntu 14.04
Data Node 1: Windows 7  Pro
Data Node 2: Windows 10 Pro
Data Node 3: Windows 10 Pro
Data Node 4: Windows 10 Pro

Thus this effect my configuration of cluster?

Thank you and best regards.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Magnus Blåudd <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> did you restart the ndb_mgmd with --reload and then restarted all ndbd(s)?
>
> You can do "select * from ndbinfo.pools" and look at the values for
> DictObject to see how many you have configured and how many are used etc.
>
> / Magnus
>
> On 2015-10-02 09:02, albert iglesias wrote:
>
>> Dear MySQL team,
>>
>> May I reach for assistance regarding with our setup of MySQL Cluster. I
>> wish to create a disk based table, as the research says I need to create
>> first a Logfile Group but I face this error over and over again:
>>

>> *mysql> CREATE LOGFILE GROUP LG1 ADD UNDOFILE 'undo1.log' INITIAL_SIZE =
>> 157286400 UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE = 171966464 ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;ERROR 1528 :
>> Failed to create LOGFILE GROUPmysql> show
>>
>> warnings;+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
>> Level   | Code |
>> Message
>>
>> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
>> Warning | 1296 | Got error 707 'No more table metadata records (increase
>> MaxNoOfTables)' from NDB || Error   | 1528 | Failed to create LOGFILE
>> GROUP
>>
>> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+2
>> rows in set*
>>
>> even though I have setup the MaxNoOfTables to 20320.
>>

>> I hope you can assist me with this since I cannot see any solution in my
>> research.
>>
>> Thank you and Best Regards!

Re: Error Occured on Creating Logfile

Mauritz Sundell
Hi Albert

On 2015-10-02 09:02, albert iglesias wrote:

> Dear MySQL team,
>
> May I reach for assistance regarding with our setup of MySQL Cluster. I
> wish to create a disk based table, as the research says I need to create
> first a Logfile Group but I face this error over and over again:
>

> *mysql> CREATE LOGFILE GROUP LG1 ADD UNDOFILE 'undo1.log' INITIAL_SIZE =
> 157286400 UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE = 171966464 ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;ERROR 1528 :
Do you have enough RAM for 170GB UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE?
Please, lower UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE.
(See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/create-logfile-group.html)

> Failed to create LOGFILE GROUPmysql> show
> warnings;+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
> Level   | Code |
> Message
> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
> Warning | 1296 | Got error 707 'No more table metadata records (increase
> MaxNoOfTables)' from NDB || Error   | 1528 | Failed to create LOGFILE
> GROUP
> |+---------+------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+2
> rows in set*
>
> even though I have setup the MaxNoOfTables to 20320.
There makes no difference raising MaxNoOfTables in this case.
The warning should be changed.

Mauritz

On 2015-10-06 10:08, Mauritz Sundell wrote:

> Hi Albert
>
> On 2015-10-02 09:02, albert iglesias wrote:
>> Dear MySQL team,
>>
>> May I reach for assistance regarding with our setup of MySQL Cluster. I
>> wish to create a disk based table, as the research says I need to create
>> first a Logfile Group but I face this error over and over again:
>>

>> *mysql> CREATE LOGFILE GROUP LG1 ADD UNDOFILE 'undo1.log' INITIAL_SIZE =
>> 157286400 UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE = 171966464 ENGINE NDBCLUSTER;ERROR 1528 :
> Do you have enough RAM for 170GB UNDO_BUFFER_SIZE?
If you actually got enough RAM you should probably increase
SharedGlobalMemory also.

Mauritz