Quantcast

Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Ridd1ck
I try to change my config of the cluster managment server and the config never changes.
I follow this steps:
1.First I was change the config.ini with some options.
2.Shutdown the cluster with shutdown command in ndb_mgm
3.Shutdown all data nodes with mysqladmin shutdown command
4. then i try to start the cluster with this command
ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --initial
first i get this error:

MySQL Cluster Management Server mysql-5.1.56 ndb-7.1.14
2011-11-08 12:38:22 [MgmtSrvr] ERROR    -- Could not determine which nodeid to use for this node. Specify it with --ndb-nodeid=<nodeid> on command line

(also i try with this command:
ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --reload)

and then  when i try to use show command on ndb_mgm i get this:
[root@m1163 ~]# ndb_mgm
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
ndb_mgm> show;
Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=0,localhost:1186
Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 2^C

Then try to start with ndb_mgmd and the ndb_mgm with show command replies perfect but the ndb_mgmd does not read the new config file, because when use this command ndb_mgmd -P the config is the default config.

Please answer me.
Thanks.

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Johan Andersson-3
you typed the  command wrong and presumably overwrote your config.ini:

You should do:

ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini  --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/ --initial

But first verify your

/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini

-j
On 2011-11-08 11.53, Ridd1ck wrote:

> I try to change my config of the cluster managment server and the config
> never changes.
> I follow this steps:
> 1.First I was change the config.ini with some options.
> 2.Shutdown the cluster with shutdown command in ndb_mgm
> 3.Shutdown all data nodes with mysqladmin shutdown command
> 4. then i try to start the cluster with this command
> ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
> --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --initial
> first i get this error:
>
> MySQL Cluster Management Server mysql-5.1.56 ndb-7.1.14
> 2011-11-08 12:38:22 [MgmtSrvr] ERROR    -- Could not determine which nodeid
> to use for this node. Specify it with --ndb-nodeid=<nodeid>  on command line
>
> (also i try with this command:
> ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
> --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini --reload)
>
> and then  when i try to use show command on ndb_mgm i get this:
> [root@m1163 ~]# ndb_mgm
> -- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
> ndb_mgm>  show;
> Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=0,localhost:1186
> Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 2^C
>
> Then try to start with ndb_mgmd and the ndb_mgm with show command replies
> perfect but the ndb_mgmd does not read the new config file, because when use
> this command ndb_mgmd -P the config is the default config.
>
> Please answer me.
> Thanks.

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Ridd1ck
This is the config.ini file in /var/lib/mysql-cluster/

[NDBD DEFAULT]
NoOfReplicas=2
DataMemory=15675M
IndexMemory=1960M
LockPagesInMainMemory=1
MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=100000
MaxNoOfConcurrentTransactions=16384
StringMemory=25
MaxNoOfTables=20320
MaxNoOfOrderedIndexes=10160
MaxNoOfUniqueHashIndexes=2540
MaxNoOfAttributes=121920
MaxNoOfTriggers=71120

[MYSQLD DEFAULT]

[NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]

[TCP DEFAULT]

# Section for the cluster management node
[NDB_MGMD]
# IP address of the management node (this system)
NodeId=1
HostName=10.0.0.164

# Section for the storage nodes
[NDBD]
# IP address of the first storage node
HostName=10.0.0.165
DataDir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster

[NDBD]
# IP address of the second storage node
HostName=10.0.0.166
DataDir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster

# one [MYSQLD] per storage node
[MYSQLD]
HostName=10.0.0.165
[MYSQLD]
HostName=10.0.0.166

i run the command that you said but whne i try to view the config
with this command nbd_mgmd -P
the MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations for example remain the default value...

Can you Help me?
I think that my config.ini file is correct.

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Wagner Bianchi
Management Node, after to be rose by the first time, used to persist cache
into some files located at /usr/mysql-cluster

Check whether those files are on that mentioned location and if yes, "rm"
those and try to restart your ndb_mgmd

Best wishes,
--
*Wagner Bianchi* - Administrador de Bancos de Dados
*Mobile:* +55 (31) 8654 - 9510

2011/11/8 Ridd1ck <[hidden email]>

> This is the config.ini file in /var/lib/mysql-cluster/
>
> [NDBD DEFAULT]
> NoOfReplicas=2
> DataMemory=15675M
> IndexMemory=1960M
> LockPagesInMainMemory=1
> MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=100000
> MaxNoOfConcurrentTransactions=16384
> StringMemory=25
> MaxNoOfTables=20320
> MaxNoOfOrderedIndexes=10160
> MaxNoOfUniqueHashIndexes=2540
> MaxNoOfAttributes=121920
> MaxNoOfTriggers=71120
>
> [MYSQLD DEFAULT]
>
> [NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]
>
> [TCP DEFAULT]
>
> # Section for the cluster management node
> [NDB_MGMD]
> # IP address of the management node (this system)
> NodeId=1
> HostName=10.0.0.164
>
> # Section for the storage nodes
> [NDBD]
> # IP address of the first storage node
> HostName=10.0.0.165
> DataDir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster
>
> [NDBD]
> # IP address of the second storage node
> HostName=10.0.0.166
> DataDir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster
>

> # one [MYSQLD] per storage node
> [MYSQLD]
> HostName=10.0.0.165
> [MYSQLD]
> HostName=10.0.0.166
>

> i run the command that you said but whne i try to view the config
> with this command nbd_mgmd -P
> the MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations for example remain the default value...
>
> Can you Help me?
> I think that my config.ini file is correct.

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Ridd1ck
I try this with
--config-cache=OFF
and --skip-config-cache
and the config cannot changes....
the output of the mysqld_mgm shows the default config again!
this is very bad and i cannot solve this problem...

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Wagner Bianchi
D'you check if those files exists at /usr/mysql-cluster ?

Best wishes,
--
*Wagner Bianchi* - Administrador de Bancos de Dados
*Mobile:* +55 (31) 8654 - 9510
*LinkedIn*: http://br.linkedin.com/in/wagnerbianchi
*Twitter*: @wagnerbianchijr
*Skype*: wbianchijr

2011/11/8 Ridd1ck <[hidden email]>

> I try this with
> --config-cache=OFF
> and --skip-config-cache
> and the config cannot changes....
> the output of the mysqld_mgm shows the default config again!
> this is very bad and i cannot solve this problem...

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Ridd1ck
There is nothing in this folder that you say?
Anything else to try?
And one Question:
If i try to load new config file withnew path, i will see some logs in the startup of the managment server?

Re: Managment Server Can't read Config.ini

Ridd1ck
The problem solved.
I create config.ini in the same directory as ndb_mgmd.
and run ndb_mgmd --initial -f config.ini and all it's ok!

The problem now is in config file, when i try to set DataMemory the nodes can't connect to managment server.
I try to set DataMemory=10G and node can't connect to cluster.
My Machines have 24G Memory.
where is the problem now?