NDB for multiple independent SQL nodes

[TheResolvers] - Alex
Hello everyone,
I have a little question about the captabilities of the NDB System.

My scenario is the following:

A single NDB cluster composed by same data nodes and management nodes,
plus 2 sql nodes.

Now what I would do is logically partition the cluster, so the SQL node
1 cannot see the databases and the users of the SQL node 2, even if they
are still using the same NDB cluster as storage.

Can this scenario be realized or it's a totally unsupported feature?

Thank you for your comments about it
Best regards
Alex

--
Alex
The Resolvers s.r.l.s.

The Resolvers s.r.l.s. - Confidenziale
Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail ed eventualmente negli allegati possono essere confidenziali e sono comunque riservate al destinatario della stessa.
Se aveste ricevuto questa e-mail per errore, ci scusiamo per l'accaduto, e Vi invitiamo cortesemente a darcene notizia e a distruggere il messaggio.
Vi ricordiamo che la diffusione, l’utilizzo e/o la conservazione dei dati ricevuti per errore costituiscono
violazioni alle disposizioni del D.Lgs. 196/03 (Codice della Privacy, in materia di protezione dei dati personali).

Re: NDB for multiple independent SQL nodes

Mauritz Sundell

On 2016-11-15 08:29, [TheResolvers] - Alex wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have a little question about the captabilities of the NDB System.
>
> My scenario is the following:
>
> A single NDB cluster composed by same data nodes and management nodes,
> plus 2 sql nodes.
>
> Now what I would do is logically partition the cluster, so the SQL
> node 1 cannot see the databases and the users of the SQL node 2, even
> if they are still using the same NDB cluster as storage.
>

> Can this scenario be realized or it's a totally unsupported feature?
The NDB cluster have no access control for specific tables or table spaces.
Using grants in the SQL nodes are the way to restrict access for users
to certain tables or databases.
Or of course have two NDB cluster in parallel on the same hosts with
separate SQL nodes.

Regards
Mauritz

> Thank you for your comments about it
> Best regards
> Alex

RE: NDB for multiple independent SQL nodes

Kallol Chakraborty
Hi Alex,
Are you asking about Arbitrator ? If there are multiple set of data nodes, then split-brain situation may happen.

I think, you are configuring an arbitrator, to handle the split brain situation.

Ericsson

KALLOL CHAKRABORTY
Solution Architect
CSI-ADM

Ericsson
DLF Tower 2
Kolkata - 700156, INDIA
Mobile 9830445736
Office 899-51456
[hidden email]
www.ericsson.com

Re: NDB for multiple independent SQL nodes

[TheResolvers] - Alex
Hello,
thanks for your answers.

The idea was managing two different security contexts without having to replicate the whole infrastructure.

On 15 Nov 2016, at 10:26, Mauritz Sundell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The NDB cluster have no access control for specific tables or table spaces.
> Using grants in the SQL nodes are the way to restrict access for users to certain tables or databases.
> Or of course have two NDB cluster in parallel on the same hosts with separate SQL nodes.

When you talk about having two ndb cluster in parallel on the same host, you’re talking about having two independent process on the same machine?

Thank you and best regard

On 2016-11-15 15:02, [TheResolvers] - Alex wrote:

> Hello,
> thanks for your answers.
>
> The idea was managing two different security contexts without having to replicate the whole infrastructure.
>
> On 15 Nov 2016, at 10:26, Mauritz Sundell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The NDB cluster have no access control for specific tables or table spaces.
>> Using grants in the SQL nodes are the way to restrict access for users to certain tables or databases.
>> Or of course have two NDB cluster in parallel on the same hosts with separate SQL nodes.
> When you talk about having two ndb cluster in parallel on the same host, you’re talking about having two independent process on the same machine?
Yes, two independent ndbmtd processes on same machine.

It is a bigger risk for disturbance between the processes, so probably
not good for high load clusters.
For cpu intensive clusters one should dedicate specific core to the
processes (with ThreadConfig parameter in config.ini).

Mauritz