can not insert data in mysql cluster

studio
Hi,

I met a trouble when inserting data to MySQL cluster.

The error is "The table 'admin_log' is full".
(admin_log is a table name)

Increase innodb_file_per_table seems no help.

My question is "Is there any related parameter can be increased to solve this problem ?"

Thank you very much for help.

Sincerely

Re: can not insert data in mysql cluster

Jesper Wisborg Krogh
Hi,

On 19/12/2016 15:57, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I met a trouble when inserting data to MySQL cluster.

Do you mean MySQL Cluster as in
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-cluster.html or some other
kind of cluster of MySQL Server?

> The error is "The table 'admin_log' is full".
> (admin_log is a table name)

If the table is using the NDBCluster storage engine, then there can be
several reason for a "table is full" error. For an insert, the most
common is that DataMemory or IndexMemory is 95% used (the last 5% - by
default, see the MinFreePct options
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-cluster-ndbd-definition.html#ndbparam-ndbd-minfreepct
is reserved for restarts). If you execute SHOW WARNINGS; as the first
statement in the session after the error, you will get more information.

> Increase innodb_file_per_table seems no help.

innodb_file_per_table is a boolean and only affects how new InnoDB
tables (or when using a copying ALTER TABLE) are created. Whether tables
are created with their own tablespace or in the system tablespace.
innodb_file_per_table will not have any direct influence on whether
InnoDB tables become full; that is entirely down to the available disk
space, quotas, file system limitations, and for the system tablespace
whether it has been created with a maximum size.

> My question is "Is there any related parameter can be increased to solve this problem ?"

It depends first of all of the kind of cluster you are using.

Best regards,
Jesper Krogh
MySQL Support

Re: can not insert data in mysql cluster

studio
Hi,

Table's engine is NDBCluster storage, So following your advice I increase DataMemory and IndexMemory.

The problem is solved now. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Qian Chen
Sinfo