Quantcast

change in mysql cluster config file

umapathi b
Hi All,

I am trying to change a parameter like MaxNoOfAttributes in the config.ini
from 10000 to 25000.
So as to achieve this ..I edited the config.ini on the Management node
and re-started it with ndb_mgmd -f --reload option .
After that I restarted my data nodes and sql nodes one by one .
But I could not see the change .

When I am doing ndb_config -q MaxNoOfAttributes , I am seeing the same old
value i.e. 10000 only .
Is the process I am doing correct ? If not ..plz guide me ..in this regard
..

Thanks,
Umapathi.
8019133653.

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Johan Andersson-3
Hi,

What is written out in the cluster log?
Does it say it detected the change?

Do you have two management servers (however it sounds like you have only
one)?
Stop both
make sure both have the same config.ini
Start both with --reload

BR
johan

On 2011-11-03 11.25, umapathi b wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to change a parameter like MaxNoOfAttributes in the
> config.ini
> from 10000 to 25000.
> So as to achieve this ..I edited the config.ini on the Management node
> and re-started it with ndb_mgmd -f --reload option .
> After that I restarted my data nodes and sql nodes one by one .
> But I could not see the change .
>
> When I am doing ndb_config -q MaxNoOfAttributes , I am seeing the same
> old value i.e. 10000 only .
> Is the process I am doing correct ? If not ..plz guide me ..in this
> regard ..
>
> Thanks,
> Umapathi.
> 8019133653.

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

umapathi b
sure Johan,

Thanks again for the help ..

- Umapathi.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Johan Andersson <[hidden email]>wrote:

> **
> Great!
> Can you reply on the previous email to the cluster-list so that everyone
> sees the answer (so one one else spends time on it)?
>
> Thank you!
>
> johan
>

> On 2011-11-03 12.36, umapathi b wrote:
>
> Thanks Johan,
>
> This really worked ..
>
> - Umapathi.
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Johan Andersson <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>>  Hi, try
>> ndb_mgmd -f /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
>> --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster  --reload
>>
>> (your command is in the wrong order).
>>
>> BR
>> Johan
>> Severalnines AB
>> http://www.severalnines.com/cluster-configurator
>>

>> On 2011-11-03 12.16, umapathi b wrote:
>>
>> It didn't say anything like that ..
>> What I did is ..killed the mgm_ndbd process_id on Management node ..and
>> restarted it ..using this following command..
>>
>> ndb_mgmd -f --reload /var/lib/mysql-cluster/config.ini
>> --configdir=/var/lib/mysql-cluster
>>
>> and then killed the ndbd process on the data node and re-started it using
>> ./ndbd
>>
>> - Umapathi.
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM, Johan Andersson <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is written out in the cluster log?
>>> Does it say it detected the change?
>>>
>>> Do you have two management servers (however it sounds like you have only
>>> one)?
>>> Stop both
>>> make sure both have the same config.ini
>>> Start both with --reload
>>>
>>> BR
>>> johan

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Ridd1ck
Hello,
I was configured one cluster with 2 data nodes and 1 managment server.
I try to up one database in one cluster node and i get this error:
mysql BulkSync < bulksync.sql
ERROR 1297 (HY000) at line 42: Got temporary error 233 'Out of operation records in transaction coordinator (increase MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations)' from NDBCLUSTER.

Can you help me please?
My database is really Big, and have a big problem with this...

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Johan Andersson-3
hi,

you have two options:

1) (not knowing what bulksync.sql contains):
  -  split this file into smaller chunks

2) increase MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations in config.ini
- you don't mention the cluster version, but if you are on 7.X you can
add into config.ini under:
[NDBD DEFAULT]
MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=100000

save config file
stop ndb_mgmd
start ndb_mgmd :    ndb_mgmd -f /path/to/config.ini
--configdir=/path/to   --reload
Restart the data nodes one by one (online), or stop / start them

Please not that each MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations cost you 1KB of RAM, so
setting it to 1000000 will cost you 1GB of RAM.

Moreover, recommended is use small transaction in Cluster. If you can
make sure the inserts in the bulksync.sql is inserting about 10000
records at a time it is better than trying to insert 100000 in one
transaction.

On 2011-11-04 11.20, Ridd1ck wrote:

> Hello,
> I was configured one cluster with 2 data nodes and 1 managment server.
> I try to up one database in one cluster node and i get this error:
> mysql BulkSync<  bulksync.sql
> ERROR 1297 (HY000) at line 42: Got temporary error 233 'Out of operation
> records in transaction coordinator (increase MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations)'
> from NDBCLUSTER.
>
> Can you help me please?
> My database is really Big, and have a big problem with this...

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Ridd1ck
My BulkSync.sql have 3.000.000 rows in one tables with 4 collumn
this is 400 mb.
and in old database the eingine was MyISAM,
i was change the engine into  BulkSync.sql and from this time i cannot upload into node.

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Johan Andersson-3
You can also load the bulksync into a myisam table on one of your
clustered MySQL Servers and the do:
ALTER TABLE xyz ENGINE=ndb;

It should throttle it.

BR
johan

Ridd1ck
Thank you, i am trying now..

I try this but i get this ---->  ERROR 1114 (HY000): The table '#sql-3c2d_2929' is full
WTF?

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Ridd1ck
And When i try to engine=ndb with alter table command
Cluster Managment say's:
Node 3: Index usage increased to 84%(1965 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 3: Data usage increased to 82%(2117 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 2: Data usage increased to 83%(2131 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 3: Index usage increased to 90%(2115 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 2: Index usage increased to 91%(2126 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 2: Data usage increased to 90%(2316 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 3: Data usage increased to 93%(2394 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 3: Index usage increased to 99%(2319 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 2: Index usage increased to 99%(2329 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 3: Data usage decreased to 1%(31 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 3: Index usage decreased to 1%(39 8K pages of total 2336)
Node 2: Data usage decreased to 1%(31 32K pages of total 2560)
Node 2: Index usage decreased to 1%(39 8K pages of total 2336)

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Johan Andersson-3
You need to increase IndexMemory and DataMemory.

johan

On 2011-11-04 12.56, Ridd1ck wrote:

> And When i try to engine=ndb with alter table command
> Cluster Managment say's:
> Node 3: Index usage increased to 84%(1965 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 3: Data usage increased to 82%(2117 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 2: Data usage increased to 83%(2131 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 3: Index usage increased to 90%(2115 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 2: Index usage increased to 91%(2126 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 2: Data usage increased to 90%(2316 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 3: Data usage increased to 93%(2394 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 3: Index usage increased to 99%(2319 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 2: Index usage increased to 99%(2329 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 3: Data usage decreased to 1%(31 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 3: Index usage decreased to 1%(39 8K pages of total 2336)
> Node 2: Data usage decreased to 1%(31 32K pages of total 2560)
> Node 2: Index usage decreased to 1%(39 8K pages of total 2336)

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Ridd1ck
Thanks you,
this configs are in the mgm config ore in the node configs?
Where can i find it and what can i add?
Help me please.

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Jason Brooke-3
Hi Ridd1ck

You can find this information in the online manual - just google search
on those exact values and it'll come right up

Regards,
Jason

On 04/11/2011 12:06, Ridd1ck wrote:
> Thanks you,
> this configs are in the mgm config ore in the node configs?
> Where can i find it and what can i add?
> Help me please.

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Ridd1ck
i Set this entries in to config.ini into managment server but nothing happen....
I need to solve this problem is critical... and i don't know how...
:(

Re: change in mysql cluster config file

Johan Andersson-3
increase DataMemory in config.ini
- you don't mention the cluster version, but if you are on 7.X you can
add into config.ini under:
[NDBD DEFAULT]
DataMemory=...
IndexMemory=...