Quantcast

ndbinfo database is missing...,

periyannan natarajan
Dear Friends,

                I am having 4 data nodes and 4 API nodes and 1 management server.

i can connect 4 data nodes and 3 API nodes.one of my API node are not connected.i checked into API node there is no ndbinfo database.

my management configuration are:

ndb_mgm> show
Cluster Configuration
---------------------
[ndbd(NDB)] 4 node(s)
id=2 @192.168.168.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 0)
id=3 @192.168.168.101  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
id=4 @192.168.168.46  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 1)
id=5 @192.168.168.71  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 1)

[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 1 node(s)
id=1 @192.168.168.43  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)

[mysqld(API)] 4 node(s)
id=6 @192.168.168.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
id=7 (not connected, accepting connect from 192.168.168.101)
id=8 @192.168.168.46  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
id=9 @192.168.168.71  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)

please give idea to solve this problem.how i will get back that ndbinfo database?. Shall take mysql dump of ndbinfo database from existing server and i will import here(192.168.168.101).

Regards,
Periyannan Natarajan.

Re: ndbinfo database is missing...,

Magnus Blåudd
On 2012-04-09 12:12, periyannan natarajan wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
>                  I am having 4 data nodes and 4 API nodes and 1 management
> server.
>
> i can connect 4 data nodes and 3 API nodes.one of my API node are not
> connected.i checked into API node there is no ndbinfo database.
>
> my management configuration are:
>
> ndb_mgm>  show
> Cluster Configuration
> ---------------------
> [ndbd(NDB)] 4 node(s)
> id=2 @192.168.168.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 0)
> id=3 @192.168.168.101  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
> id=4 @192.168.168.46  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 1)
> id=5 @192.168.168.71  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9, Nodegroup: 1)
>
> [ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 1 node(s)
> id=1 @192.168.168.43  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
>
> [mysqld(API)] 4 node(s)
> id=6 @192.168.168.100  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
> id=7 (not connected, accepting connect from 192.168.168.101)
> id=8 @192.168.168.46  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
> id=9 @192.168.168.71  (mysql-5.1.51 ndb-7.1.9)
>
> please give idea to solve this problem.how i will get back that ndbinfo
> database?. Shall take mysql dump of ndbinfo database from existing server
> and i will import here(192.168.168.101).
>
> Regards,
> Periyannan Natarajan.

Normally the ndbinfo database is created with mysql_install_db or
mysql_upgrade even if the MySQL Server is connected to the cluster or
not so I don't understand what happened in your case.

In the source dist there should also be a script called ndbinfo.sql
which contains the SQL commands to (re)create the ndbinfo database and
all its tables. The script need to be run on all the MySQL Servers
connected to your cluster. There is no harm in running the script even
if the ndbinfo database already exists.

/ Magnus